Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The Perfect Project from the Perfect Father


"For we are God's masterpiece, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." - Ephesians 2:10

The past four days I have been in between Pokhara and Kathmandu. I have been traveling to all the children’s homes with the sweetest friend and Nepali, Usha, as well as with my dear team mate Kathryn. I have been traveling to the homes and between these two locations in order to work on my focus project for THI.

What is my focus project you are probably all wondering. So, for the first 2 ½ weeks that we were here in Nepal we were learning about the culture, experiencing the lifestyle and taking part in language classes and discussion sessions with each person on staff to grasp their role in the organization. After that first part of the trip we have now moved on to being do-ers and not just see-ers. We are now individually taking our unique gifts that God has given us and using them to bless/help THI and the work they are doing here in Nepal, India and Bangladesh. We took time throughout the first 2 ½ weeks while we were learning all about the org and their work to thoughtfully pray through how we thought we could best mesh our gifts and talents into the ministry. Through this time of prayer and asking God to reveal to me how I could give back to THI and add to their vision he unleashed a beautiful collision of his dreams, my passions, and the children’s joy.

A couple weeks ago now, I prayed in the morning that God would stir up the hearts of my team mates and I for the exact projects that He had for us during our time here in Nepal. I prayed that the Lord would reveal to each of us how he wanted to use us and involve us in his plan for THI. It was on this exact day that I prayed this prayer that God was faithful to respond and reveal himself and his plan. I was talking with my team mate Kathryn about her passion for the healing arts especially with children who have been abused or exploited and it was during this conversation that I told Kathryn about my love of cards and the dream God had given me about ‘Kaity’s Kreations for a Cause’ about 4 years ago. It was really back in high school that I realized I loved to encourage others through my words and God’s word. During high school I would constantly make home made cards for my friends and family whenever I had the chance. I definitely had the desire to start my own card line and thought maybe one day I would call it ‘Kaity’s Kreations’. I knew the Lord in high school, but I for sure didn’t understand how he weaved each desire in our hearts and how intricately he knit our dreams, I also wasn’t completely sold out then and was more interested in just glorifying myself and my pleasure of making cards. It wasn’t until my freshman year of college that I had a dream one night about being in an orphanage in another country where I was making cards with children and then bringing them back to the U.S. to sell in order to raise money for the ministries that were providing homes for these sweet, beloved children. So, it was then that my heart exploded and connected with the Lord’s spirit and realized that this was bigger than just me and my fame – God put on my heart that this card dream should be called ‘Kaity’s Kreations for a Cause’. I have ever since started to put ‘Kaity’s Kreations’ on the back of the home made cards I make for friends and family, but have yet to see the Lord really bring this vision into fruition in a complete way. Well the beginning of this has started. My team leader over heard Kathryn and I swapping dreams and she spoke up and said to me, “I have the perfect project for you Kaity.” I was so elated. I then waited what felt like endless days until we hashed out the details of our projects to hear what Sarah’s perfect project for me was. All this time I thought maybe it had something to do with crafts or similar to what I was talking about – how silly of me because our God is  an abundant and faithful God – Sarah’s project for me was EXACTLY what I had been thinking and envisioning with ‘Kaity’s Kreation’s for a Cause’. Sarah began to explain to me she had wanted to see the kids artwork be used to make cards for THI and then be sold in their store in order to raise funds for the organization. How incredible is our Father??!! I was floored and truly humbled. How sovereign is He who knew sooo many years ago when He planted the seeds in my heart and the dreams in my mind to do card ministry. I am so thankful for his divine plans and that he is at work in every detail of our lives.

So the past 4 days I have been doing just that – I have been walking in the plan that God has had all along for my heart and for THI. I have been going to the children’s homes and watching the kiddos come to life as I hand out paper to them and ask them to draw pictures according to the themes I give them. The beam with the most beautiful light as they get to express themselves on paper with an array of colors! It fills my heart with joy and my cup truly overflows as I sit and sift through the drawings they create after the home visits. The beauty that God has created in them is definitely reflected in the beauty that they have created in these drawings. I cannot wait to see how God continues to be faithful and carry out his perfect plan with these kids work. I am now trying to research and connect with anyone who has a printing company back in the states who would be willing to look at printing these cards as a ministry and business opportunity. I am so excited to see these cards be made for THI and to see God provide for his cause. It is indescribable how divine it is walking in God’s plan even when I feel so undeserving.

I would love for you to continue to pray for this project –

-Please pray for divine appointments with the right businesses and workers who are willing to print and provide services for these cards in order to advance the work of THI overseas and bring profit to the org.

-Pray for my heart to be humble and to walk in awe of all God is doing in and through me, boasting only in HIM.

-Pray for the children’s hearts, that they would heal and mend through the art work and that they would enjoy every minute of time we spend together creating beautiful things.

-Pray for my last 2 weeks here, that I would be present and disciplined in my work in order to bring Glory to God. I long to do all things with excellence for his kingdom.

Thank you for your constant love and support. I am so grateful that you have made this trip possible and so full for me. I miss y’all and love you dearly. For the Kingdom! 


No comments:

Post a Comment