Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Step by Step

Wow. If there is one thing I have learned over the past 24 hours it's we must walk with God simply step by step. In the midst of chaos and confusion or mixed up plans or maybe even missed flights to Nepal He is present and in every step. 

I'm pretty sure by now you all know one way or another that my travel plans did not go according to the original plan. I flew out of Washington, D.C. yesterday and missed my connecting flight with my team mates in Houston due to delays and such. This put me in Houston,Tx for a night by myself and running all over to try and figure out new flight plans. If you know me you know I'm a planner. I like a little bit of spontaneity here and there, but if I'm doing something or going somewhere I have a plan and I like it to work. The Lord laughed at that yesterday. After a long night and lots of prayers God has set my heart straight again and has taken me on a detour so saturated with his love and support. 

I am sitting here at the gate about to board in an hr and looking back just at the last 24 hrs can't believe how shook up I was by the mishap of it all. What's true is all I've been able to stand on in the midst of feeling stretched and challenged is God's unfailing love and truth in His word. Some of the scriptures he laid on my heart today in my hours and hours if rest are:

Isaiah 54:17; Psalm 94:14 & 18-19; Deuteronomy 31:6&8; And 2 Timothy 4:17

The two most powerful I will type out for you - 

"And remember your journey from Acacai Grove to Gilgal (D.C. To Nepal haha edited version), when I, The Lord, did everything to teach you about my faithfulness." - Micah 6:6

"Oh that we might know The Lord! Let us press on yo know him more. He will respond to us as surely as the arrival of the dawn or the coming of the rains in early spring." - Hosea 6:3

"Just as you cannot understand the path of the wind or the mystery if  tiny baby growing in its mothers womb so you cannot understand the activity of God who does all things." 
- Deuteronomy 11:5-6

As God lead me to read these verses throughout the day He clearly spoke to me and my distraught heart. He desires me to be desperate for him and to know his faithfulness deeply. His greatest longing is that I would hunger and know him MORE. He does all things and he does them for the good of those who love him. He is working in each moment and all of this flight mix up has lead me to realize I need to cling to him not just everyday but every moment. 

I have an odd feeling this is insane prep for Nepal and how life will be there. So many new ways of life and new things surrounding me will lead me to a desperate need to clog to God in each moment. Thanks Jesus. 

Haha so maybe God is teaching me a lesson - maybe God is just being God and maybe the world is just messy. Whatever it is He is here and He is near and I am clinging. 

Thank you for your prayers, thank you for your encouragement in the midst if my doubt these past 24 hrs. I'm so grateful for the support God has shown me through y'all! Couldn't do it without you! Until next time!!

In Christ's love,
Kaity

No comments:

Post a Comment