Saturday, June 22, 2013

I'm in Nepal Y'all!!

Well the first thing I said when I finally hit the ground in Nepal was actually - "I'm in Nepal y'all!!" Couldn't get more western haha!!

I am incredibly grateful for each of y'all's prayers for me as I traveled to get here! It was the beginning of a wild journey for sure! The beauty is now I'm here - if you can't tell by my repetitiveness I'm still shocked that I'm here. God is so faithful to ring me to South East Asia so many years after putting this region on my heart years ago! I'm overwhelmed a his intricate plan for each of our lives and how he carries it out in every step! 

So far we have spent the week getting over our jet lag (I woke up a 5am this morn unable to go back to sleep), running around the city of Kathmandu, going to Nepali church, spending time in silence and solitude, praying as a team, worshiping with all the org staff, visiting Buddhist temples, and eating Nepali food. The first thing they really want us doing this week is immersing ourselves in the culture and getting to know and love our surroundings! It's been so awesome and surreal and overwhelming at the same time. 

The streets here are not real - they are full of dirt and pot holes and beggars and wild animals. The gutters are lined with trash and sewage. I just want to squeeze all children running around and my heart breaks for each one who needs a home or loving arms to rest in. So amidst all of this pain and brokenness this place is also beautiful. It's the living proof if how God makes beauty out if ashes. The colorful landscapes and the white smiles of the Nepalese locals light up the dark and dirty streets. There are these immense glimpses of Gods glory and his presence here that give my heart an extra beat and hope for all the hopeless here. 

I am so excited to see all God has for me and my team mates here! Our projects will start next week when we begin to travel to the children's homes and boarder monitoring stations! Right now I am just so thankful to see live how God is the father of all nations. 

Please be praying for my health - my stomach has been a little off, but it could be worse! Also pray for my team and our unity - it's incredible how divinely linked we all already are and how quickly we have bonded in the spirit! Also pray for The Lord to give me his heart and eyes for this country and its people so I can love and serve them wholeheartedly! Lastly pray that I wouldn't miss one opportunity to glorify God and that when I need comfort or feel scared that I would walk by the spirit and deny my flesh!

Thank you for following along with me! Thanks for loving me which empowers me to love others! You are a blessing to me! I miss you and I'm praying for y'all too! Until the next time I have wifi! 

Psalm 121, revelation 5:9-11, psalm 86:9-15, psalm 119:1&11 and 2 Timothy 4:17 are some of the scriptures I'm meditating on that I'd love for you to pray with me! 

Blessings and Love,

Kaity

2 comments:

  1. So happy to hear you are safe and sound. Can't wait to read about all of your adventures. Wishing you a safe, exciting and life changing trip. Love you and am so proud of how far you've made it already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very happy you are living a dream--all dreams can come through with God in control--give all those darling kids a hug for me-- I am blessed with 12 grandkids and I am thankful everyday that they have loving parents to take care of them

    ReplyDelete