Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Fight & Hold Tight

"But you, Timothy (Kaity), are a man of God; so run from all these evil things. Pursue righteousness and a godly life, along with faith, love, perserverance, and gentleness. Fight the good fight for the true faith. Hold tightly to the eternal life to which God has called you, which you have confessed so well before many witnesses." - 1 Timothy 6:11-12

A short update this will have to be. I don't have much time because I have had to spend this morning processing spiritually all God is throwing my way. Yesterday we went to play with slum children from India all afternoon. It was one of the most humbling and beautiful experiences that I have ever had with the Lord. A midst the slums there are these bright shining faces with these beautiful white smiles that bring hope. The kingdom belongs to these little ones that God has created. I think the hardest part after playing games and singing songs and praying with these little angels was to leave them and have to separate my heart from theirs.

Seeing these children left my heart with many questions and yearnings that I have been pouring out at God's feet. We must place so much trust in God's infinite love that he is taking care of these little ones and that he has plans for their good. I don't have much to say yet because I am humbled at how big God is and at how much I am learning about his character.

Needless to say God's beauty has left me speechless and so has the pain and sorrow I am witnessing.

Speechless.

So today as my heart is beating to see the Kingdom come on earth as it is in heaven here in Nepal and India I will fight the good fight for the true faith. We belong to a kingdom that cannot be shaken and I am so thankful for that. I will hold tightly to God's hand which is ever leading me and ever comforting me. Please pray for my dear sister friends I met yesterday - Lakshmi and Santos - two indian girls from the slum.

Faith over fear are the words that God our Father keeps whispering in my ear.

In love and perseverance,

Kaity 

No comments:

Post a Comment