Wednesday, August 15, 2012

There is a time for everything...

Tonight I am packing up my room and getting ready for my last day at my internship with International Justice Mission.

The moment I am in is so bitter sweet.
I don't want to leave - if I'm honest it brings sooo many tears to my eyes. Each day this summer was full of the Lord.
The best part of it all is that I get to take the Lord with me - he goes everywhere with me and before me.
This truth I know but in these last few days I have simply been able to truly understand the depth and width of the love that God has lavished on me throughout my time here in D.C. as I served as an Intern at IJM.

All things have a time and place and so much has happened these past two weeks that I have yet to blog apot and I will as time presents itslef. Tonight my boss and I cooked dinner and celebrated the summer and all that God brought to us and brought us through. It was beyond sweet - Jaclyn Lesch Toscas has truly been one of the biggest blessings - this is a friendship that I know God is just beginning to use and grow. Last night was my last night with esther - the sweet friend that housed me in Alexandria - and her prayers are so powerful and our time has been short but yet again so intentional. I know God has so much in store for our friendship and I'm excited to always have a home in the D.C. area. She has given me more than i could ever repay in wisdom and joy - God is good and always provides.

I am going to leave you with these verses from Ecclesiastes 3 - they are everything that God is speaking to me and over me right now. Time is so precious and so purposeful. Please be praying for me as I transition back to boone, NC and as I start my new job at Gladiola Girls and serving with the IJM Campus Chapter at AppState and volunteering with The Hope House. I love each of you and thank you for your support and love this summer - I couldn't have done any of this without God leading me and y'all praying for me every step of the way.


"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens:
                a time to be born and a time to die,
    
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
                a time to kill and a time to heal,
    
a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
   
a time to mourn and a time to dance, 
             a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,

a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
a time to search and a time to give up,

a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend,
    
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,

a time for war and a time for peace.
What do workers gain from their toil? I have seen the burden God has laid on the human race. He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end."

-Ecclesiastes 3:1-11

No comments:

Post a Comment