Thursday, August 9, 2012

Abba, I belong to you.

These two posts are direct journal entries from a few moments of stillness that I have had this summer during the morning hours at work - International Justice Mission HQ. Part of our daily rythms in the office include a 30 min. stillness time where we are encouraged and instructed to spend it with God in our own personal and intimate way - during this time we are to cease striving and really hand our hearts to God and humbly come before him knowing that we cannot do anything to earn or deserve his love, presence, grace and salvation. During this time I normally meditate on a scripture or two and write down a few words that God places deeply on my heart or that the Spirit speaks while I attempt to have ears that hear - I felt the Lord compelling me to share them with you this week so here are a few of those words and entries that have been birthed this sweet summer season!

________________________________________________________________________________

“Yet I call this to mind & therefore I have HOPE:
Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning; great is thy faithfulness.
I say to myself, the Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for Him.
The Lord is good to those whose HOPE is in Him,
to the one who seeks Him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.
It is good for a man to bear the yoke when he is young.
Let him sit alone in silence, for the Lord has laid it on him.
Let him bury his face in the dust - there may yet be HOPE.”
-Lamentations 3:19-29
_______________________________________________________________________________
Abba I belong to you -

To fly as the birds, my heart is stirred by your word. In you I lay my love, the Holy One, God our Father above. Open handed, let down gaurd, I surrender to you - for I am Yours.

amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment