Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Indescribable


Today I realized that I have been out of town for the past 2 - 3 weekends and so that has lead to me not updating my blog recently. It is incredible all that God has been showing me and teaching me.

I am in the final stretch of my internship here at IJM and it is so painful to actually type out that I only have 9 days left here in the D.C. area at HQ.

I am so torn because I long to be here in D.C. and so intimately connected to IJM and it is almost as if now that I am finally comfortable and getting the hang of it all and really feeling secure the Lord is continuing in this summer's theme by removing me from an environment of comfort and knowness and taking me to, once again, a new and unfamiliar place where I can continue to be stretched, grown, stripped of any dependencies and rebuilt on Him, the foundation and breath of my life.

I want to write so much - I really feel the desire to tell you all of the "happenings" that have been taking place in my day to day life, my heart, my mind, and here at IJM and all around the world through IJM.

But for now I am going to leave you hanging - I hope tonight to be back on here and truly put up a couple posts that will be themed with subjects that have been stirring in my heart and mind over the past 2 to 3 weeks that I have been absent from my blog.

What I will leave you with is the activity that my fellow IJM interns and I did last week for our group stillness - a time that we meet every Tuesday morn for 30 mins where we are able to share prayer requests and praises and meditate and learn about God's word more. We take turns leading each week and last week we were asked to state one attribute of God that had been standing out to us during the summer and even just recently. It was incredible to go around the room and hear each intern give their word and how it related to their prayer requests and praises. I want to leave you with the words that each of us said - there are 24 interns so be prepared for a little bit of a lengthy list. The most incredible part is that no one had to reuse or repeat a word - Our God is so indescribable and so infinite that there literally are not enough words to declare who He is and His Perfect Character. Be amazed as I was last week at God and the way he came to life through these words and my interns -

God is...
my refuge
gentle
my maker
constant
steadfast
strong (psalm 62:11-12)
my security
faithful
my assurance
adventurous
exciting
my delight
present - "The present is the place where time and eternity touch"
all knowing
creator
healer of the broken
selfless
the orchestrator
powerful
mighty
our deliverer
Ultimate
our shepherd

I hope that these words will remind you of who God is and who He longs to be in our lives every day as we surrender to his will and his way and abide in His Spirit! I hope these words encourage you and make you hungry for more and more of our dear Lord. They have made me hungry and have lifted my heart in times of doubt even just over the past few weeks.

In Christ's Love,

Kaity

No comments:

Post a Comment