Thursday, July 5, 2012

Prayer Requests


I haven’t done an update on the prayers I need while I am here in D.C. in a while – so here I am letting y’all know how I need your support desperately daily to empower me through the Spirit to do the will of Christ:
1.      Energy, Strength, and Endurance – the office hours are long and my passion is deep but without the love of Christ compelling me I cannot continue to serve God daily in a pureness of heart. Please pray that God would empower me and that I would be an empty vessel for his Spirit to fill in order to glorify him more and more!

“And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light.” – Colossians 1:10-12

2.      For the launch of 12 new IJM Campus Chapters across the U.S. on these specific university campuses:

àIndiana University

àChristopher Newport University

àBroward College

àUniversity of Utah (Salt Lake City)

àTexas State University (San Marcos)

àUniversity of Colorado (Colorado Springs)

àUniversity of Pittsburgh

àNorth Carolina State University

àGeorgia Southern University

àCalifornia State University (Northridge)

àCornell University

àPortland State University

àCarson Newman College

àColorado Christian University

àUniversity of South Carolina – Upstate

Please join me in prayer for these college campuses – that they would be burdened with the desire to know God and his will for them as students and laborers for his kingdom.

“The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.” – Matthew 9:37-38

3.      That the Lord would give me clarity, direction and wisdom about the next steps I should take after my internship with IJM here in D.C. – that I would have a pure heart in my prayers and discernment of where he wants to send me next. May His will be done & not my own.
“Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.”
 –Psalm 51:10

“Father if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done.”
 –Luke 22:42


4.      For God to give me the heart of a servant-

“For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” – Mark 10:15


5.      Continued Provision financially and good stewardship of the funds that are given to me from God & a generous spirit –

“Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.” -2 Corinthians 9:6-8

Thank you so much for your support and your prayers – they are felt and they are a blessing and encouragement to me! Please feel free to e-mail me at : katiyruhland@gmail.com if you have prayers you want to send me or snail mail me at : 318 Cannon Way Warrenton VA 20186 !

Also I am always asking for those of you who are following along to financially support the work of IJM here through monthly donations to my time here as a volunteer – you can do so through this link if you feel lead - Support Intern Kaitlyn Ruhland through IJM!

Blessings,
Kaity Ruhland

No comments:

Post a Comment