Thursday, July 5, 2012

Keep God in view, He is always thinking of you


“Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.”

-Psalm 37:3-6

As I continue to embark on the Journey of Justice there are a few updates I want to throw your way! First – this scripture was so encouraging to my heart and spirit as I started the work day today. Each and every day at work is a step closer to freedom for someone – a brother or sister – that I may never know, but who God has called us to serve. The way we can serve others and the Lord is by seeking Him above all things. I have realized more and more it’s not about how much I love IJM it’s about how much I am pursuing my relationship with God and my passionate heart for him that will end up overflowing and spilling into the work and service that God desires to use me fore in this life to advance his kingdom. It is so easy here in such a mission driven and thrilling place to get caught up in the work and make that your priority. I am praising God today for the freedom he has granted me which I got to celebrate yesterday, the 4th of July, and I am praising him for loving me and not how well I can perform, I am praising God for the way he looks at a man’s heart and not his appearance. I am praising God for his character and the way he is so intimately concerned with who I am more than what I am doing and where I am doing it. I am praising God because he is good, he is faithful and I am learning that the more I commit my ways to him and include him in the details of my day to day life he finds more and more ways to show up and reveal himself. We must allow the emptiness in our lives be a place that we acknowledge and ask God to move into. I am praising God for his jealous zeal that he has for his children and that compels him to dig deeper into our lives and ask for more and more space in our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment